Your health and wellness is our business
Our mission is to raise funds and awareness to enhance health and wellness in our community.
- Incorporated under the Society Act on November 18, 1988
- Raised over $70 million to support capital equipment purchases at Peace Arch Hospital and for community health care initiatives since incorporation
- The Foundation receives approximately 5,000 gifts per year
- The Foundation provides funding for the purchase of new and replacement capital equipment at Peace Arch Hospital
- To date more than $1 million has been granted to support health care programs, research initiatives and education in our community through our Because People Matter Grants Program
- In 2005 the Frank and Yvonne McCracken Endowment Fund was established to provide grants to support the continuing education of medical and clinical staff, and for the development or improvement of innovative programs for the elderly
- Over 150 volunteers lead and support the efforts of the Foundation including Board Members, Committee Members and a large group of event volunteers
- 100% of the donations received by the Foundation are directed to the health care initiatives for which they are intended
- Administrative expenses are funded through investment income and ancillary operations.
Peace Arch Hospital’s Story:
- Built in 1954 as a 47-bed community hospital
- The entire campus is built on land either donated or purchased by the community
- Peace Arch Hospital is one of 12 acute care hospitals located within the Fraser Health Authority
- Services include: diagnostics, medical imaging, surgical services, cardiac care, 24-hour emergency room, maternity unit, long-term and geriatric care, extended care, palliative care, intensive care, psychiatry and general medicine
- There are approximately 475 beds at Peace Arch Hospital including 300 residential care beds
- Over 1,800 staff and 130 physicians work at Peace Arch Hospital
- Over 40,000 patients visited the Emergency Room this year and there were over 8,000 patient admissions
- This year approximately 4,900 surgeries were performed, 81,500 Medical Imaging Exams were given and 1,000 babies were delivered
For more information about Peace Arch Hospital, please visit the Fraser Health website.
100% of your donation goes to its designated project and stays in this community.